Sunday, April 28, 2013

Running Back Eddie Lacey Visits Steelers

Well Steeler fans, the player visit you all have been waiting for, well, the visit I've been waiting for happened this past Saturday according to Post Gazette Steelers Insides Ed Bouchette. Eddie Lacey was brought in for a pre-draft visit. First off, I'd love for the Steelers to draft him and I said the only way I think they would consider it is if they brought him in for a visit because that at least shows that he's a possibility. Unfortunately, I think that at pick 17, that is a bit to high to draft him. The only ways I think the Steelers draft Lacey at 17 is if quarterback Ben Roethlisberger lobbies for it or like Bouchette mention is if they trade down. I've already talked about how having a stable run game this upcoming season can mask some of the problems the team has.Their are running backs you  get in the second and third round that can come in and make an impact right away because believe it or not, I'm starting to get the notion that running back is not the number one priority in the first round. I believe it is linebacker, whether it is outside or inside, I believe that is the position they will address in the first round with either Alec Oggletree, Manti Teo or Jarvis Jones, if he happens to fall to them.Wide receiver is also a possibility in the first round but I don't think it is likely because of the need at linebacker and how important linebacker play is in terms of making Dick Lebeau's 3-4 defense work. In Lebeau's defense, it's all about pass rush and, last year, the team had none.My prediction is the Steelers will address the running back position no later than the third round. There will be plenty of talent in rounds two and three at running back. The name I would pay attention to Steeler fans is Montee Ball out of Wisconsin.
Source:http://dj54usc.blogspot.com/2013/04/running-back-eddie-lacey-visits-steelers.html

Running Back Eddie Lacey Visits Steelers Images

fit for Pittsburgh, the Steelers passed on running back Eddie Lacy ...
(228 x 191 - 25.62 KB - jpeg)

Eddie Lacy
(150 x 200 - 20.59 KB - jpeg)

Steelers MMQB: NFL Week 11 Wrap Up - Nice Pick, Cowher - A Pittsburgh ...
(660 x 320 - 48.13 KB - jpeg)

... Pittsburgh Steelers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more
(650 x 432 - 77.61 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment